- Daily: 5AM - 12AM
Alamo Square Park is a hidden gem located in the heart of San Francisco. Nestled in the historic Alamo Square neighborhood, this beautiful park is a great place to take your dog to run and play with other dogs. There is a designated area for dogs to be off-leash so be sure to read the signs.
Situated on top of a hill, the park provides panoramic views of the city and the surrounding area. From the park, you can see the famous Painted Ladies, a row of Victorian houses that are iconic to San Francisco, as well as the city skyline and the Bay Bridge.
What to Expect
Things to Know
- It can get windy up the hill so bring a jacket even when you think it’s going to be warm.
- Since there are no fences, you will encounter park visitors enjoying a picnic near the dog play area. Watch out for food that is not safe for dogs.
- There are some cute shops and restaurants on Divisadero street that are worth exploring.
- Due to rampant car break-ins, avoid leaving things inside your car.
- Parking may be hard to find. There are several buses that stop near the park for your convenience.
Reviews (1)Write a Review
Love this dog park! It has a great big grassy area for the dogs to run and play. The park has a lot of trees and shady areas for the dogs (and people) to relax in.